Parking Logistics for LODD Services for Elizabeth (NJ) Fire Chief Louis Kelly (Ret.)
Logistics Plan for Viewing & Funeral for Chief Louis Kelly
Viewing – Monday, December 19, 2016 – 1600-2100hrs
Higgins & Bonner Funeral Home
582 Springfield Ave.
- Parking is limited at Higgins & Bonner.
- After 1700hrs reserve Higgins & Bonner parking lot for family and friends.
- After 1700hrs recommended parking is located in lot at property next to Higgins & Bonner on Springfield Ave., in lots just past Higgins & Bonner on Cardinal Dr., or street parking on Cardinal Dr. past Higgins & Bonner. (SEE VIEWING MAP)
- Street parking on Cardinal Dr. in front of Higgins & Bonner is dedicated to scheduled on duty fire apparatus.
- No unscheduled fire apparatus are requested due to parking restrictions.
- On duty personnel are required to wear station wear and cover to pay respects.
- Off duty and retired personnel are requested to wear Class A uniforms with white gloves and mourning band to pay respects.
Funeral – Tuesday, December 20, 2016 – 1000hrs
St. Genevieve's Church
200 Monmouth Rd.
- Parking lot at church is reserved for family and friends.
- Primary parking will be at Kean University with 100 dedicated spots accessible from the North Ave. entrance between Morris Ave. and Lynmar Way in Union, NJ. (SEE FUNERAL MAP)
- Overflow parking will be at the old University Diner located at 580 North Ave. Union, NJ. (SEE FUNERAL MAP)
- Bus transportation will begin at 0830hrs to and from parking areas to church. However, transportation from overflow parking will not begin until primary parking is full.
- Class A uniforms is requested of all first responders in attendance.
- Uniformed personnel are requested to be in formation on Monmouth Rd. in front of church by 0915hrs and will be directed by Elizabeth Fire Dept. personnel.
- All personnel are asked to be respectful and quiet while forming as there is a funeral on going prior to the services for Chief Kelly.
- All personnel are requested to dress in layers as entry to church will be limited.
- Canteen units and temporary shelter will be available in rear parking lot of church to attend to those unable to make entry into church.
- Fire apparatus from departments other than Elizabeth and Kenilworth are not requested.
- A repass will be offered by the Kenilworth Fire Department located at 491 Washington Ave. Kenilworth, NJ for personnel in attendance.