The Firemen’s Mutual Benevolent Association of New Jersey, Branch No. 9, Inc. (FMBA Local 9) is a community organization that represents and promotes the interests of the firefighters of the City of Elizabeth, NJ Fire Department. FMBA Local 9 is a branch of the New Jersey Firefighters Mutual Benevolent Association.
The content of this page are the opinions and interests of FMBA Local 9 and its members, not of the City of Elizabeth, NJ or the Elizabeth Fire Department.
This corporation is organized and shall be operated primarily to further the common good and general welfare of the people of the community of the City of Elizabeth exclusively in accordance with Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended or any corresponding provision of any future federal tax law, as long as such organization shall qualify as an organization described in Section 501(c)(4).
Consistent with the foregoing, the corporation is organized and shall be operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare, or the local associations of employees, the membership of which is limited to employees of the City of Elizabeth Fire Department, with its net earnings devoted exclusively to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes.
More specifically, the purposes for which the corporation is organized include the following:
• to provide moral support and aid to its members in good standing and to firefighters in the local community of the City of Elizabeth;
• to bring about civic betterment and benevolence, improved public services, and social and safety improvement with respect to firefighting in the local community of the City of Elizabeth;
• to promote the legal rights of firefighters in the local community of the City of Elizabeth;
• to publicly or privately support acts or legislation deemed beneficial to the local community of the City of Elizabeth;
• to take necessary action to achieve the revocation or repeal of acts or legislation deemed detrimental to the local community of the City of Elizabeth;
• to promote, advance, and improve financially and otherwise the welfare, conditions, and interest of firefighters in its environs and to aid and cooperate with the New Jersey State Firemen’s Benevolent Association.
Page Last Updated: ()